David Nunn and his Team of Exercise Physiologists provide specialised exercise physiology interventions in the area of chronic disease management, complex care needs, and rehabilitation under the Repatriation Commission and the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission, through their administrative arm, the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).
Services delivered for DVA patients are tailored for each individual’s personal requirements. Services that are available include:
- Personal Exercise Physiology consultation sessions
- 1:1 Personal exercise sessions
- Functional assessments
- Supervised group sessions, either gym, pilates or pool based.
- Lifestyle and disease education sessions
- Social events for mental health and reducing isolation
Patients who are eligible for Exercise Physiology services under the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) are holders of a DVA
- Gold Card; or
- White Card (referral must state that exercise will assist in the management of the specific condition for which the card was issued).
In order for cardholders to commence with an Exercise Physiologist with no out of pocket expense, a GP or Specialist referral is required. Once a referral is obtained, patients should simply contact the office to schedule an appointment at their nearest clinic location.