As part of providing a service to you, Enhanced Health will need to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your situation. This information will be a necessary part of the assessment and treatment that we provide to you. All information and records regarding you will be kept strictly confidential.
We abide by the National Privacy Principles as endorsed by the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner. These principles are designed to protect all personal information and information is protected from unauthorised use or access. You may access the material recorded in your file upon request, subject to the exceptions in National Privacy Principle Six. You may contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner if you have concerns about the use or disclosure of your personal information at 1300 363 992 or www.privacy.gov.au. We will not release any information about you to anyone else unless you give us a written and signed request to do so. There are some possible exceptions to this rule:
- The information on your personal file is subpoenaed by a court, or
- If failure to disclose the information would place you the Client or another person at risk; or
- You the Client have provided prior approval which means you have provided your written consent for the following:
- a written report to another professional or agency, example a General Practitioner or a Lawyer; or
- Discuss the material with another person, example a spouse/partner, parent, employer, Work Cover, Department of Veterans Affairs, or your General Practitioner.